CONCORD, N.C.– If you’re heading to Charlotte Motor Speedway for the Bank of America 500, make a pit stop just down the road at the Hendrick Motorsports campus.
From the race shop lobbies to the museum and team store, there is plenty to see and do on the Concord, North Carolina, campus.
Check out some of the highlights below.
1) Take a look at the four 2017 Hendrick Motorsports cars displayed in the race shop lobbies. Kasey Kahne and Chase Elliott’s Chevys can be viewed in the Nos. 5 and 24 race shop lobby.
Then take a walk over to the Nos. 48 and 88 shop to snap a picture of Jimmie Johnson’s machine alongside Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Nationwide ride.
2) Catch a glimpse of the race shops. While the majority of the crew will be at the racetrack, you can see where the preparation takes place in the fan viewing areas.
All four shop lobbies will be open special hours over the Charlotte race weekend. You can visit the shops from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday.
3) Check out the history of Hendrick Motorsports in the museum. The walls of the museum are decorated with trophies and memorabilia from 33 years of racing.
A variety of cars are on display including a collection of Jeff Gordon’s Chevys. Among the lineup is Gordon’s 1999 Daytona 500-winning car and the inaugural Brickyard 400-winning car from 1994.
New to the museum is Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick’s Hall of Fame trophy from his induction to the NASCAR Hall of Fame as a part of the Class of 2017.
4) Grab your gear for race day. The team store is offering a 20 percent off store-wide sale so you can stock up on apparel and souvenirs featuring your favorite drivers. Certain restrictions apply.
Additionally, fans who spend $25 in the store this weekend will be entered to win a pair of tickets to Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race.
5) Take home a piece of the action. Used race tires and sheet metal from the Hendrick Motorsports Chevys are available for purchase and make the perfect addition to any race fan’s collection. These items are included in the 20 percent off store-wide sale.
For more details on visiting us, click here.
Fast Five: Things to see and do on the Hendrick Motorsports campus
By Elizabeth Blasko